Thursday 1 April 2010

It's always for Daddy!

I write a lot about what we do, where we go and not so much about us. Bobs and myself are not that interesting but Bibs! She certainly deserves that I write about her. Bibs is 8 months old in a couple of days.

So I am the one who looks after her the whole day, who puts her to bed, who gets up for the feeds in the middle of the night (Ahhh Mammy's Boobs!), who changes her and washes her and feeds her and washes her again (oh don't get me wrong I love all that!)... but guess what is coming out of her mouth? Daddy! she just said it... not once, but twice! I am so proud! but, haha, why Daddy??? Couldn't it be Mammy, just this time?! Come to think about it, probably because I say it all the time... When does Daddy come home, where is Daddy, what is Daddy doing...

So Daddy it is for one of her first words. Daddy it is for the biggest smile when he comes home in the evening or before he leaves in the morning. When he leaves the room, she will sit expectantly and stare at the door to see if He comes back and when he does, she'll laugh and grin and smile at him. Most of the time she won't even wake him up if she comes to our bed. She'll be pulling my hair, sticking her fingers in my mouth! But Daddy, noooo, Daddy gets the special treatment, Daddy gets gentle strokes on his hand and his face.

Ahhh Daddy's girl...

2 comments:

Maki said...

Oh you're so far far away!!! At least you have your family with you, but still you're far away...

I remember both of my daughters said "dadda" first and I still remember how proud the daddy was!!!

Thanks so much for swinging by my blog - I really appreciate it. Look forward to reading more!
xoxo

Unknown said...

Maki, Thanks for visiting! It's true we are far away ... just the 3 of us away from our respective families. But that's the way it is nowadays isn't it??

Others To Read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails