Monday 13 February 2012

A demonstration in Amman

Saturday I ran into this with my friend as we came onto Zarhan street, after having visited Silsal, one of my favourite shops in Amman.




When we moved to Jordan 2 years ago, demonstrations were simply not permitted. Today is another matter. That is one of the things that has changed in Amman after the Arab Spring of last year. I don't really know what the demonstration were for or against - but if I should guess probably for the King.


Now we have demonstrations practically every thursday at the 4th circle. 

2 comments:

Miss Bliss said...

Hi! It was the King's 50th birthday on Saturday, and they had a parade to celebrate. So I think that must have been what you were witnessing :)

Unknown said...

That was probably it! I can't believe I didn't see you guys before you left! :(

Others To Read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails