Thursday 9 February 2012

Another cake shop in Amman: The Cakery





It's my friend's birthday on saturday and I told her I would get the cake. I thought for a while where to get it from and remembered I saw a shop in Abdoun that seemed to be just perfect: The Cakery. Obviously I can't talk about the cake, because I know she'll read this... but I can certainly show you a couple of pictures of the place. They make big cakes and lovely pastries, jams, marmalades and macarons, as well as some savoury things like salmon roulade, quiches and finger foods. They caterer for parties or meetings.




Shop in Abdoun
I love macarons. However, I didn't get to taste theirs! I bought just one, pistachio flavour, and Bibs ate it all! It's a meringue based cookie with a cream inside, usually small and round. It comes in several flavours - the cakery has them in: chocolate, coffee caramel, vanilla, pistachio, green tea, mango, rose petal and raspberry. The don't look of much, but they are very difficult to make. I have looked at the recipe I don't know how many times and given up before I even started. My favourite macarons come from the Parisian pastry shop Laduree. Thanks to Bibs I have  a valid reason to go back to the shop very fast. Box of 18 is sold for 14JD.

Macarons...
Pastries
Some of their cakes
Some prices....

Cookies: from 7JD / 500g
Tarts and cakes: from 20JD (12-14 pers)
Bites (sweet and savoury): 0.45JD/piece
Special orders: from 30JD 

I'll share a picture of the birthday cake, I really love it!
Location updated on my map, link at the bottom of the page.

3 comments:

Lesley Elrick said...

Yum yum yum!

Unknown said...

lol Lesley! but I agree Yummy!

Mencari Uang Di Internet said...

yummy,, it's a wonderful cake..

Others To Read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails