Monday 22 February 2010

One of these days...

You know, that day where you should have stayed in bed; the one where, without anything majorly bad happens, everything just seems to go wrong??? Well I had my day today!

It starts with that I wake up with a terribly stiff neck. No, it starts at 4am when Bibs has decided that she wants to feed every 30 min or so, then the bad neck and the headache that goes with it, bouh. The temperature has dropped (to normal) and the wind picked up, bouh. The Director of Guest Services calls Bibs: Isabella - which was our fancy gold fish that we had to leave behind (poor Isabella, now dead), bouh. A couple of hours where nothing happens. I am now at a friends apartment for a so called "baby group" - been there 30mins, Homecentre calls to say that our coffee table is on the way, so I have to leave - too early, didn't even finish my juice and Bibs is playing so nicely, bouh. Reverse out of the parking space and "boom" into a parked car. My first accident in Jordan, bouh. To my defence the car is parked about a meter from the pavement... Leave my phone number and explain I am in a rush - at least there is a lady who understands a bit of English. Get to the apartment, and guess what: The table is already there! So accident for nothing, double bouh! Drive back to the car-parked-in-the-middle-of-the-street. The whole family now is involved - Father, Daughter, Son, and baby girl, even neighbours. I have to wait cause the police needs to come to make a statement, bouh. Back to my friend's place. This time I get a cup of coffee. After 30mins the police comes, he asks me for the papers and what happened. So I explain and he says "you need to pay 25JD", so I say "Why" - and here comes the obvious: because it's my fault, bouh & rebouh. Mr Policeman and myself get invited on the terrace of the owner of the car-parked-in-the-middle-of-the-street, we get a glass of juice while he does the paper work. I don't think that kind of thing would happen in Europe! Get Bobs on the phone who tells me I need to watch where I am going when I am driving (thank you!) and say I have to go back to our apartment, because something is wrong with the boiler and they need access, BOUH. I am tired now, it's 4pm I still haven't had lunch, you guessed bouh!!

So all in all a very Bouh-Bouh day! Then I look at my beautiful daughter, who has been a star through this day and ok I am short of a couple of hundred JDs for the insurance, my neck still hurts and I am hungry but I know that I am blessed with a fantastic baby-girl and a wonderful husband, so it doesn't matter.

Was still a bouh day though...

4 comments:

Elisa said...

Oh girl you had quite the day! SO juice in the middle of filling a report?, you are right, would never happen in the States. Go get some lunch now and cheers to your little one for being a star.

Unknown said...

Sorry you had such a bad day...

Not quite sure how these blogs work, but I'm moving to Amman next week with my husband and 2 little ones (aged 1, and nearly 3), and wondered if you had any advice as to where to meet other mums and how to keep me and the kids sane...

Thanks very much in advance, Sarah.

Unknown said...

Elisa - Yeah the Juice thing made me laugh! And I did have a nice lunch when I was back at the hotel!!! Today is a new day :)

Hi Sarah! So excited about your move?! don't worry it's really easy to meet other mums here!! do you know where you'll be staying? pls get in touch, here is my email address: jullejm@yahoo.co.uk

park life said...

Dear Sarah,
My name is Melissa Mallows. My husband is currently working in Amman too, and myself and our two children will be shortly moving out to join him. We are visiting on the 17th March (three days time) for just a week. We can't move out just yet as we've no apartment (husband staying in a hotel for now). However, I am determined that I will enjoy the experience, and am hopeful I will meet other Mums in the same position. My son is 17 months and my daughter is 4 years. My e mail address is melissa.mallows@btinternet.com. It would be really great to hear from you.
Oh, we're from the UK, near Oxford.
Kind Regards,
Melissa

Others To Read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails