Tuesday 28 September 2010

Visit to Canvas and the National Gallery park

The gallery's two buildings are surrounding a small sculpture park and Canvas, a restaurant/coffee shop. The coffee shop is nice, will have to go back for lunch. We just had a cup of coffee and my friend's daughter a big chocolate sunday. Well to be exact we ordered a ice coffee, but first then came with a ice tea which we sent back and then they came a ice coffee without coffee. There was ice cream, chocolate, milk and cream. We kept it that way! But it is a nice place to stop after the museum visit.




There are some paintings exposed inside and a very nice terrace outside overlooking the small park.

We then for a small walk in the park. It is water conservation project developed with governmental and local support as well as USAID. It is a sculpture park, there is a children's playground and is a very pleasant place to walk with a stroller, kids can play, young people meet on dates.



7 comments:

Ehab said...

You are very active these days! I should check out these places as well.

Ehab said...

Hmm, I just wanted to know that there is nothing wrong from my side, but do you receive my comments? Because I can't seem to find any comment I make. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hi Ehab! No no everything is right! It's just that my internet is really bad so I tend to avoid my computer these days...so I hadn't published your last comment... The others you made should be here as I replied to them :) Trying to be active lol there is so many parts in Amman I haven't been and I am a bit ashamed of it!!

Ehab said...

I actually went to the park today and watched a street dance show, part of the EU film festival, it was fun.

Don't be ashamed, you'd be surprised how many Ammanis haven't been to any of the places you visited.

Elisa said...

This is a nice place to 'take a coffee'! Look at those trees and the plants, it looks very nice. I assume there are benches so you can sit by that area with grass?

Unknown said...

very nice place indeed, and yes there are places where you can stop and have a seat. happy my friend showed me this place!

Unknown said...

@Ehab ok maybe ashamed is a bit strong. But I like to show as muxh as I can of this city, cause I really like it! Wow street dance, if I had known!!

Others To Read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails