Thursday 28 October 2010

a shop in downtown: it's all about Christmas decorations

So today, we took a small trip to downtown Amman. I don't go to downtown as much I would like. It is always so hot, so crowded, dirty - so, I feel not really a place for Bibs. My Australian friend (yes her again) told me about this little shop where she ordered Christmas decoration; she needed to go back to pick up her order so she took me along, with one of the other mums but without Bibs. Located on King Talal street, it is a tiny place, but we received such a warm welcome by the Armenian owner, Mr. Kokozian.
The Shop
The owner and artist, Mr Kokozian
The paint
Work in progress
He blows the glass and does all the painting himself. It is possible to buy the things exposed in the shop or to make an order. Obviously for Christmas he is very busy, but he works all year round. I ordered some balls for the tree, one with Bibs' name on. Price-wise the small balls are 7JD, the bigger ones 15JD and the biggest candle holder is 30JD.

Some of the decorations below



This one is a gift from the owner, I love it!
I am sure that the decorations will look beautiful on our tree! 

No comments:

Others To Read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails